Building Economic Growth Through Business Retention and Expansion Efforts in 2018
Jan 24, 2018
If you are looking to expand, grow your workforce, find a new location or make team training and development a priority this year, make the Economic Alliance your first call. We could potentially save you time and money! Additionally, our Business Retention & Expansion team has some big goals for 2018 focusing on several proactive measures including:
- Retaining local jobs.
- Increasing local capital investment.
- Increasing visits to interstate commerce businesses.
- Utilizing Chmura (a workforce data and analytics system) to understand product and service gaps, along with opportunities for expansion.
- Trade programs and relationships.
- Expanding continuous education on incentive programs and grants.
Along with the above goals, we are listening to our members and understand that workforce concerns are on the forefront for 2018 and will continue to be for the next 4-5 years. We are channeling this information to all of our economic development contacts. Corridor Development, our joint venture with the Iowa City Area Development Group, is working diligently on workforce programs in our region. Contact DaLayne Williamson, Director of Workforce Solutions, Cedar Rapids Iowa City Corridor Development with any workforce related requests/comments.