Economic Alliance Annual Report for 2019
Feb 17, 2020
In 2019 we unveiled to you, our Economic Alliance members, a Strategic Plan that identified the primary focus for each of our four core functions - Business Support, Community Development, Economic Development and Public Policy. Each focus included strategies we hoped would help us move the dial in a meaningful way on our mission: To drive economic, workforce and population growth strategies and help businesses succeed.
The 2019 strategies also kept us focused on what we can most significantly influence, acknowledging that other organizations - most of them valued partners of ours - play key roles in economic growth, too. We certainly didn’t do this work alone. Sticking to the Strategic Plan in 2019 resulted in quite the highlight reel to share with you, including:
- Creating Positive Local Economic Impact
- Increasing Resources and Reporting
- Championing Local Labor for Flood Control Systems
- Increased Vibrancy Throughout Core Districts
- Major Initiatives Drive Transformational Improvement
- Working Together for Greater Impact
- Encourage Members To Applaud Bipartisan Efforts
- Expansion Assistance Keeps Business Here
- Capital Investment Report Shows a Cedar Rapids Business Community Open to Growth
- Extended Workforce Retention Initiatives & Provided Company-Specific Services
You Talk, We Listen to Make a Difference
The Economic Alliance finished the year with an astounding 503 in-person business interviews, surpassing our goal of 410. We value these in-person business relationship to gather business intelligence and forecast economic trends. Thank you for your openness and dialogue in sharing with us to help businesses succeed.