Thank you for your interest in Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week 2020! Please read all of the expectations and requirements before filling out the application below.
Expectations of Restaurants for Application
- Be (or become) an Economic Alliance member no later than February 1, 2020
- Restaurant is located within the Cedar Rapids metro area, includes neighboring communities
- Restaurant is independently owned and operated
- Agreeable to the event timeline dates outlined below
- Agreeable to participate in Fork & Knife Feast on February 20, 2020 including staff on site and a minimum of 400, 1 oz. sample menu items, as detailed below
- Active participation in promotion of Restaurant Week 2020 before and throughout the week
- Provide special Restaurant Week menu for patrons throughout entire duration of Restaurant Week
Yes, I meet these expectations!
If you meet the above expectations, please fill out the application below to be considered for participation in Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week 2020. Please note: filling out this application does not guarantee participation in Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week 2020. All applications will be reviewed by a Restaurant Week committee, with a total of 20 participants selected. The selected participants will be contacted with the invitation to participate no later than January 24, 2020.
No, I cannot meet these expectations.
Are you an establishment that does not meet all expectations above, but would like to participate in Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week 2020? Instead of filling in the application below, please contact Jenn Draper, Event Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-398-5317 to explore opportunities and other options to get involved.
Participating Restaurants Agree To:
- Be (or become) a Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance member no later than February 1.
- Agree to participate in Fork & Knife Feast on February 20. This means:
- Staffing a 10'X10' booth at the event (tables provided by Economic Alliance, all other materials must be provided by restaurant).
- Providing a minimum of 400, 1 oz. samples for event attendees (samples should be inspired by restaurant's Restaurant Week menu items, can be more than one option).
- Provide menu item and any necessary logos, graphics and photos by February 1.
- Promote Restaurant Week (including Fork & Knife Feast), as well as specific menu items, on all available channels (in-house, website, social media, etc.) from February 7- February 29.
- Agree to provide net food sales revenue for Restaurant Week, February 21 - 29, 2020. (This information is confidential, and used strictly to determine economic impact of Restaurant Week.)
Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance Agrees To:
- Produce the event of Fork & Knife Feast on February 20 and Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week from February 21 - February 29, 2020.
- Produce a comprehensive Restaurant Week marketing campaign, highlighting all participating restaurants.
- Participating restaurants will be featured at least once on social media platforms.
- Each restaurant will be included on Restaurant Week website, email newsletters, press releases and more.
- Earned media opportunities will be provided as available.
- Purchase & provide print collateral recognizing participating restaurants, including but not limited to:
- Promotional piece at Fork & Knife Feast.
- Promotional menu to be distributed to the public at large.
- Table tents advertising Restaurant Week within the selected restaurants.
- Stickers highlighting dates of Restaurant Week and "Eat Local" message.
- Flyers/posters as requested.
- Additional collateral as available.
- Provide digital promotional toolkit for participating restaurant use.
- Provide two complimentary tickets to Fork & Knife Feast for each participating restaurant (may be used as promotional items or personal use).
Restaurant Week and Fork & Knife Feast Timeline
January 8 - Applications due to Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance
January 24 - Restaurants selected & notified by Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance
February 1 - Menus, graphics, photos & applicable membership forms due to Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance
Early February - Participating restaurants announced to public, promotion begins
February 20 - Fork & Knife Feast event at Smulekoff’s Warehouse
February 21 to 29 - Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week 2020