This is a two-part application. Please read through expectations and agree on this page, then continue to the application on the next page to be considered for Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week 2019.
Expectations & Agreement
The Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance recognizes the impact of Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week for our locally owned and operated restaurants. Knowing this impact is especially valuable during the month of February, and not wanting to see this need unanswered, the Economic Alliance will be hosting and producing Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week in 2019. This opportunity to help local businesses succeed and provide significant value to the community is directly aligned with our organizational mission and goals. We're excited to be part of it!
The opportunity to participate in Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week will be limited to 20 restaurants. These restaurants will receive promotion, marketing and exposure to our community and will be required to meet and agree to the expectations outlined below. The 20 restaurants will be selected based on application requirements and criteria. While there is no participation fee, any selected restaurant must be a member of the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance. Any restaurants selected who are not members of the Economic Alliance must become a member no later than February 1.
Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance Agrees To:
- Produce Cedar Rapids Restaurant Week from Feb. 22 - March 2, 2019.
- Produce a comprehensive Restaurant Week marketing campaign, highlighting all 20 participating restaurants.
- Each participating restaurant will be individually featured at least once on social media platforms.
- Each restaurant will be included on Restaurant Week website, e-communications, press releases and more.
- Earned media opportunities will be provided as available.
- Purchase & provide print collateral recognizing participating restaurants, including but not limited to:
- Promotional piece at Fork & Knife Feast.
- Promotional menu to be distributed to the public at large.
- Table tents advertising Restaurant Week within the selected restaurants.
- Stickers highlighting dates of Restaurant Week and "Eat Local" message.
- Flyers/posters as requested.
- Provide social media content and collateral for participating restaurant use.
- Produce Fork & Knife Feast (a preview event for Restaurant Week) for up to 500 people, featuring the 20 participating restaurants.
- Provide two complimentary tickets to Fork & Knife Feast for each participating restaurant (may be used as promotional items or personal use).
Participating Restaurants Agree To:
- Be (or become) a Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance member no later than February 1.
- Agree to participate in Fork & Knife Feast on February 21. This means:
- Staffing a 10'X10' booth at the event (tables provided by Economic Alliance, all other materials must be provided by restaurant).
- Providing a minimum of 400, 2 oz. samples for event attendees (samples should be inspired by restaurant's Restaurant Week menu items, can be more than one option).
- Provide menu item and any necessary marketing collateral by February 1.
- Promote Restaurant Week (including Fork & Knife Feast), as well as specific menu items, on all available channels (in-house, website, social media, etc.) from February 8 - March 2.
- Inform Economic Alliance (upon completion of Restaurant Week 2019) sales figures in comparison to same time frame in 2018, for determination of economic impact of Restaurant Week.
- Optional: opportunity to provide gift certificate for additional promotional use (as prizes or giveaways) to public.