Market After Dark, presented by VanDerGinst Law, offers a variety of vendors mixed with lively stage and street entertainment, creating a unique nightlife opportunity for downtown Cedar Rapids. On average, this event brings more than 30,000 people downtown for food, beer, wine, art, entertainment and more!
Market After Dark 2018: Saturday, August 25, 6:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Becoming A Vendor
How do I become a Market After Dark vendor?
- The application process for Market After Dark is complete and all vendors have been selected for 2018. However, those wishing to be put on a waiting list for a potential spot, if it comes available, can still fill out the application here. Before applying for Market After Dark, please review the Vendor Handbook.
When can I enter the venue?
- Market After Dark begins at 6:30 p.m. Vendors will not be allowed to sell merchandise, food or alcohol prior to 6:30 p.m.
- Market After Dark staff will be setting up for the event through 6:00 p.m. and request patrons remain outside of the venue until after that time.
- To view the Market After Dark venue map click here.
Can I bring my dog or any other pet to Market After Dark?
- No. Unlike the Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers' Markets that take place on Saturday mornings, pets including dogs, are not allowed at Market After Dark. Service animals are welcome.
Can I smoke inside the venue or will there be designated areas for smoking?
- No. Pursuant the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, Market After Dark is smoke-free. Please refrain from smoking inside the barricades of the Market After Dark venue at all times. For more information, please visit www.smokefreeair.iowa.gov or call 1-888-944-2247.
Where can I park for Market After Dark?
Can I walk around the venue with my beer or wine? How does that work?
- You can! The open container policy for Market After Dark applies ONLY to beer, wine and cider, NOT hard liquor.
- To be able to walk around the venue with your beverage, it must be contained in a Market After Dark souvenir cup available for purchase ($6 includes your first beverage and then $5 for refills) at participating establishments or at one of the beverage tents on site.
- The open container policy begins at 6:30 p.m. and ends promptly at 10:30 p.m.
I need to carry something that proves I am 21+ for purchasing alcoholic
- Yes, you will need to present a valid form of identification verifying an age of 21+ at any of the designated entrances or at any of the participating bars/restaurants to obtain a wristband. You will need to be wearing this wristband if you plan to consume, purchase or carry any alcoholic beverages throughout the venue.
Can I bring my own beverages or cooler?
- No. Outside beverages and coolers are not allowed in the Market After Dark venue. There will be beverage tents with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase. To view a list of beverages that will be for sale, visit The Scene.
If I exit the Market After Dark venue, can I take my alcoholic beverage with me?
- No. If you exit the Market After Dark venue for any reason with an alcoholic beverage you are subject to an open container citation. The open container policy only applies within the Market After Dark venue. Make sure your Market After Dark souvenir cup is empty before removing it from the venue!
entertainment will be at Market After Dark?
- There will be tons of entertainment all over the venue! Play giant yard games in Greene Square, see street performances on almost every corner and check out musical performances on the main stage. Check out all performances at The Scene.
- Performing on the main stage this year will be Alisabeth Von Presley and 10 of Soul.
When does the entertainment start?
- All street performances, yard games and main stage entertainment will begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Main Stage
- Alisabeth Von Presley begins at 6:30 p.m. and will perform for two hours.
- 10 of Soul begins at 9:00 p.m. and will perform for two hours.
can we expect from these performances?
- Alizabeth Von Presley will perform with a flair for the dynamic and theatrical and will guarantee fantastic entertainment to kick off Market After Dark.
- 10 of Soul is a 10-piece jazz and brass band - so stick around and be ready to dance the night away!
bring a chair to these performances?
- No. Space in front of the stage is standing room only. There are outside no chairs allowed in the venue.
need to purchase a ticket for the entertainment?
- No. These are free, standing room only performances. No tickets will be needed.
Find Out More
The Market After Dark is so much more than vendors! This nightlife experience in Downtown Cedar Rapids is unlike anything else!
Become a Vendor
This event features 100 local vendors selling produce, food, artisan crafts and more! Will you be one of them? read more
There's so much happening at Market After Dark this year! Looking for all the details about beverages, entertainment, vendors and more? Check it out
We use almost 100 community members to pour beverages, check IDs, provide crowd control, and help with set up/tear down duties. Get involved