Part of the unique atmosphere of Market After Dark is the open container policy, allowing alcoholic beverages to be consumed within the market venue while patrons shop and enjoy the fun! Beverage stations on the street serve primarily local brews, and patrons can step into any participating establishment to fill their official Market After Dark souvenir cups, as well!
What beverages will be sold at the beverage tents this year?
Beverage service on the streets would not be possible without tremendous support from our Beverage Tent Hosts! Please make sure to thank the following companies:
|Tent #1||Tent #2||Tent #3||Tent #4||Tent #5|
|Miron Construction||GoDaddy||Dupaco Community
|Hawkeye Fire & Safety||Van Horn Automotive Group|
|Cedar River Gang||Families Helping Families||Alzheimer's Association||Cedar Rapids Ultimate||Corridor Running|
Can I walk around the venue with my beer or wine? How does that work?
- You can! The open container policy for Market After Dark applies ONLY to beer, wine and cider, NOT hard liquor.
- To be able to walk around the venue with your beverage, it must be contained in a Market After Dark souvenir cup available for purchase at participating establishments or at one of the beverage tents on site.
- The open container policy begins at 6:30 p.m. and ends promptly at 10:30 p.m.
I need to carry something that proves I am 21+ for purchasing alcoholic
- Yes, you will need to present a valid form of identification verifying an age of 21+ at any of the designated entrances or at any of the participating bars/restaurants to obtain a wristband. You will need to be wearing this wristband if you plan to consume, purchase or carry any alcoholic beverages throughout the venue.
Can I bring my own beverages or cooler?
- No. Outside beverages and coolers are not allowed in the Market After Dark venue. There will be beverage tents with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for purchase. Check back to see a list of beverages that will be for sale.