Business Resources and Support Efforts are a Year-Round Affair
Feb 24, 2022
The Economic Alliance is dedicated to creating a strong business environment supporting all employers. Through networking, business support and professional development programs, we work hard to engage and connect member businesses. Members, your employees may not be aware that your business is an Economic Alliance member, it’s important to communicate to your entire organization that they have access to this vault of incredible events and resources. Here’s a snapshot of all the great things that you and your teams should take advantage of.
The following programs are specifically designed to bring people together. Offering a wide variety of options for members to grow by developing as business leaders, coming together as a community, fostering professional growth, or simply to meet and network with other professionals. There’s truly something for everyone.
- Forums provide peer insight and programming on a variety of topics and business segments. Groups are pre-arranged to include non-competing professionals and a wide array of discussion topics.
- Leadership for Five Seasons is a premier community leadership program that focuses on developing top talent through a formal leadership curriculum.
- Business Support Programs
- Members can attend engaging programming on a variety of emerging business topics each month. Our Let’s Get Down to Business program series for 2022 features local leaders who are experts in their fields speaking in the areas of marketing, human resources and sales. See the full calendar list at
- ImpactCR is the Economic Alliance’s young professionals organization, creating experiences to connect young professionals to people and places in our community.
Business Networking is important in helping us all stay connected as one strong unit for our community. We strive to support membership by connecting and engaging businesses through networking opportunities and annual programs and events.
- BizMix is a unique evening opportunity for members and individuals to mingle and experience a different local business each month. Attendees are invited to enjoy networking, special information and insight about area businesses, along with complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails. Join us for our next BizMix on March 24 hosted by Rinderknecht Associates.
- Hiawatha Business Summit
- Join area Hiawatha businesses for a morning of networking and education at an area business! This informal gathering provides attendees the opportunity to create new business contacts, enjoy a light breakfast and learn more about a topic of interest to Hiawatha businesses. Join us for the next Hiawatha Business Summit on March 22 at World Class Industries in Hiawatha.
- Speed Networking is an opportunity to meet and hear from leaders in growing industries in the Cedar Rapids and ICR IOWA areas. The fast-paced networking rotates quickly through groups of attendees providing everyone the opportunity to give their best elevator pitch over the hour. Join us for the next Speed Networking event on March 3 at the Economic Alliance.