ALL ARE WELCOME HERE
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Open For Business.
At the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance, our mission is to drive economic, workforce and population growth strategies, and to help businesses succeed. Diversity, equity and inclusion are ingrained in our purpose of creating meaningful connections. An inclusive, equitable business community makes our local economy strong, and a diverse workforce fuels belonging, openness, and innovation.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are no longer just buzzwords to banter about the office. DEI is a commitment by an organization, a business, even a community to welcome all into our fold. We encourage our members to foster diversity, equity and inclusion at their businesses and organizations, and we offer these resources to help:
- A CEO’s Commitment Resource Guide
- Latinx Resources
- Asian and Pacific American resources
- African American and Black resources
Want to get involved and make a difference? Try Inclusive ICR.
This coalition of local employers and organizations work together to support and grow inclusion and diversity in our workforce. The coalition meets monthly with a focus on:
- Developing diversity and inclusion resources for employers.
- Connecting diverse professionals through social and professional networks.
- Increasing the number of diverse high school and college students who intern with ICR employers.
This group was formerly known as the Employee Resource Group Consortium (ERGC). Learn more about this group on our regional website.