Upcoming Regional Candidate Forum Series Provides Access for Members
August 25, 2022 | Public Policy
November 8 marks another Election Day when voters get to weigh in on the issues that matter most. The Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance and Iowa City Area Business Partnership have joined forces for a Regional Candidate Forum Series throughout September and October to allow our members access to federal and state candidates before voting takes place. All Democrat and Republican candidates for Governor, U.S. Senate and U.S. House Districts 1 and 2 were invited to separate forums, sponsored by the Cedar Rapids Area Association of Realtors and South Slope Cooperative Communications, to share their priorities for Iowa, listen to the business community’s priorities and interact with Q&A time. The series provides a great opportunity to ask about specific issues that matter most to our area businesses and organizations.
Over the past few years, the Economic Alliance’s commitment to lead political discussions and policy debates with civility and respect have proven to be effective. Very few organizations today invite candidates from both major parties to participate in political and policy events, and consistently have them all show up. The Economic Alliance is proud of its commitment to lead by example because it’s Economic Alliance members that reap the rewards of having access and relationships with elected officials across the board.
The Economic Alliance is a non-partisan organization that does not endorse or donate to political candidates. We support First Amendment rights for all people and encourage elected officials, candidates and citizens to be civil in discussions and debates on policy issues and political opinions. We are committed to leading by example.
Space is limited and registration is required. Contact Barbra Solberg with any questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept. 7 @8AM: Liz Mathis, candidate for US House (2nd District), Channel Fusion in Hiawatha
- Sept. 9 @8AM: Christina Bohannan, candidate for US House (1st District), South Slope, North Liberty
- Sept. 12 @9AM: Ashley Hinson*, candidate for US House (2nd District), Channel Fusion in Hiawatha
- Sept. 14 @10AM: Deidre DeJear: candidate for Governor, Eastern Iowa Airport Admin Offices
- Sept. 27 @9AM: Mariannette Miller-Meeks*, candidate for US House (1st District), South Slope, North Liberty
- Oct. 11 @noon: Mike Franken, candidate for US Senate, Eastern Iowa Airport Admin Offices
- Oct. 26 @8:30: Chuck Grassley*, candidate for US Senate, Eastern Iowa Airport Admin Offices