The Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market, presented by Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust, has become one of the largest open-air markets in the Midwest. We are hopeful that markets in 2021 will be open-air and applications are open now.
To apply, visit Become A Vendor.
The 16th Annual Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market season plans tentatively to kick off on June 19th. Planning has been underway since December for an in-person, outdoor Farmers Market in the summer of 2021. Major modifications to a traditional market will be necessary because of the global public health crisis.
The Cedar Rapids Downtown Farmers Market plan complies with all recommendations and guidance given from Linn County Department of Public Health, “Events & Mass Gatherings” protocols from the Linn County Department of Public Health, Linn County Department of Public Health review of markets COIVD-19 protocols, the “Guidance for Farmers Markets” issued by the US Department of Agriculture, “Social, Community, Recreational, Leisure, or Sporting Gathering or Event” proclamation outlined on City of Cedar Rapids website, “Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals” and following “COVID-19 Farmers Market Best Practices” issued by Iowa Valley RC&D. Additionally, Farmers Market directors from all over Iowa are in frequent communication about innovative approaches to better ensure public safety to proceed safely with Markets. Please read the below mandatory guidelines for vendors and guests.
Mandatory Health and Safety Guidelines
- Limit vendor numbers to no more than half of a full, traditional market, with ability to increase later in the season based on experience and public safety factors
- Vendors located on one side of the street only to decrease congestion. Vendor stalls could also be staggered to alternative sides but will not be on both sides of the street at the same point
- Require vendors to wear masks and have hand sanitizer available for public use at all booths; failure to comply could result in being prohibited from returning as a vendor
- Require patrons to wear masks in the venue, and prohibit vendors from selling to anyone not wearing a mask
- Maintain similar large outdoor venue as would be marked for twice the number of vendors and large visitor crowds to provide for significant space between vendors and less congested visitor space
- One-way traffic flow will be encouraged through the venue via single points of entry, signage, etc. as currently encouraged by public health guidance for Markets
- Sharply limit entertainment and prepared food options, in concurrence with current guidance, with ability to increase those options if guidance is relaxed as public health threats diminish. To start, the Market will predominantly feature produce and products, and will be programmed to discourage groups from congregating for extended periods of time.
- Tentatively Planned Market Dates: June 19th, July 3rd, July 17th, August 7th, August 21st, September 4th, September 18th, October 2nd
Above all, please, if you are feeling ill or are running a fever, do not attend the market to protect the health and safety of fellow patrons, vendors, and volunteers.
Vendors MUST follow these health and safety guidelines to vend at the market:
- Masks are required to be worn
- Hand Sanitizer and/or hand-washing station is required in every vendor stall; failure to comply could result in being prohibited from returning as a vendor
- If a vendor is feeling ill or are running a fever, do not attend the market
Attendees MUST follow these safety and health guidelines:
- Masks are required to be worn; vendors are prohibited from selling to anyone not wearing a mask
- Please limit interaction with vendors by social distancing
- One-way traffic flow will be encouraged throughout the market via single entry points and signage throughout the venue as currently encouraged by public health guidance for Farmers Markets.
For the most recent local COVID-19 updates please visit https://www.linncounty.org/1372/COVID-19
We look forward to seeing you at the market!
The Downtown Farmers’ Market is proud to showcase vendors selling goods and produce, grown and created by each vendor and all made in Iowa.
Become a Vendor
Interested in having a booth at the market? We have a variety of ways to participate!
Check out all of the 2021 Season vendors coming soon!
We’re not just veggies! As you shop our wide selection of vendors, you’ll enjoy a variety of local entertainment and programming options for the entire family.
Want to perform at the Downtown Farmers Market during the 2021 season? Apply now! Entertainment schedule coming soon!Go to Entertainment
We want you to have the best experience possible when visiting the market. To help plan your visit, Read more!
Getting to the Market
Getting to the market is easy when you know all the options! Find out more
Thank you to our presenting sponsor, Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust!